I love baby toes!
Today, Nathan turned 37 weeks old! It's so hard to believe that he "cooked" in my belly for 37 weeks and he's been in our arms for another 37! Craziness!
Here are some ultrasound pictures of the little guy right around 37 weeks gestation...
31 weeks 5 days
36 weeks 3 days
Here's me oh so pregnant at almost 37 weeks
Here's the funny comparison photo... 4 weeks pregnant and 36.5 weeks pregnant and 30 pounds heavier... and yes, I was ready to pop! The cool thing is that the pants fit me before baby, while pregnant, and now! I love them!
Okay, enough shots of me... I know you want to see the little guy and what he's up to.
We've moved into size 4 diapers and 18 month clothes. He still fits into a few pair of 12 month shorts and pants, but barely. Of course the length on the pants is WAY too long, but he'll grow into them eventually!
In the last week, Nathan has begun to wave bye bye, he will "shake, shake, shake" his toy maraca on command, and he will also look for Bailey (but he's been doing that for a while). He's learning what lie down, no, and don't touch mean. Those are tough ones for his anxious little fingers! He's still army crawling and the kid is fast. He can crawl on his hands and knees but it takes more effort than the army crawl, so he rarely does it.
Nathan is eating a ton these days. He's tried grapes (peeled and quartered), tomato, salmon, cheerios, pasta, and kix cereal. He likes them all. He's also doing really well eating straight up "silken" tofu cubes, and chunks of avocado. He is also swallowing these "table" foods better.
Naps are becoming very consistent which is nice and although he doesn't like you to leave the room when he's in his crib, usually he gets over it quickly and settles down to sleep. There are days when this is a different story, but in general, he's still going to sleep very independently.
Nathan is pulling up to stand on most things, although he's also tipping things over on top of himself in the process. I try to not let it happen, but sometimes he's just so fast that it happens in an instant. The safest place for him to practice this skill is in his crib... and he does every morning and after each nap. He can actually "cruise" the length of his crib from one side to the other, although I don't think he's doing it on purpose!
We move into our house in 2 weeks, and I can't tell you how excited we are... let the baby proofing begin!
Here are this weeks great pics!
Hanging out with Grandpa
Bailey shows her sadness and fears she is no longer the "chosen grandpup"... she lets us know by bringing in one of my mom's flip flops and then laying on it right at my dad's feet.
Nathan doesn't even notice...
But grandpa does, and once Nathan pinched the fire out of his leg... he taught Nathan a gentle lesson; sat him on the floor, and gave Bailey a good scratch! She was a happy pup!
Hanging out in the boat
Smiling faces after a nap
We borrowed Colton's jumperoo while they were on vacation and Nathan has really enoyed it. He likes it so much better than his Einstein Jumper!
Nathan is finally getting hair on the back of his head now that he sleeps on his tummy and never lays down on his back! Isn't it cute?
Kiddo loves Bailey's toys and plays with them more than his own. Thankfully she is happy to share...
Have I mentioned that I love baby toes!
He is on a mission!
Nathan is a climber already. He loves the remote (even though we don't allow him to play with it) and I happened to have the camera ready when he about flipped over the arm of the couch trying to get it!
Reading a magazine... okay so really he wanted to rip out the pages, but I wouldn't let him!
Playing peek a boo with mommy in the mirror
On another mission
New favorite toy
I LOVE THIS FACE!!! The picture is blurry but the expression is priceless!
Another favorite toy and a great place to practice those standing and kneeling skills...
Nothing like a shirtless little one!
Working on his "So you think you can dance" moves!
Friday, August 8, 2008
37 weeks old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Have I told you how adorable I think he is? You two are so blessed as parents! Hope all is well - just wanted to send my love :o)
I can't wait to see what our child will look like! Your boy is so cute! I love all the pics you take of him!
Post a Comment