Nathan is 21 months
I haven't yet gotten in the habit of posting these mid week, so you'll have to forgive my lack of pictures. My camera has been sitting in the office and I keep forgetting to grab it thinking I'll just take pictures later this week... well, then I remembered that Carissa closes Mr. Linky on Fridays now, so I wanted to post earlier. Anyway... here's our short week of tot school!The other day, I was folding some laundry and Nathan happily occupied himself playing with these! I noticed that he only stacks like colors. After I finished the laundry we played together building towers and shapes in multi color and like colors.
Chad found this puzzle this week at the dollar spot at target! Nathan loves all the babies and their faces. I took about 10 pieces out and he figured out where they went with minimal help! We did plenty of other puzzles this week too.
Daddy taught Nathan to hold the pinwheel in front of the fan and he loves to do this. Today we worked on stop and go using the pinwheel and the fan.

Another highlight of our week was when the guys came to work on our front yard... they brought a bulldozer with them and Nathan watched it for so long. We walked out to see it too and he pointed out all the parts to me. (all the blue squares are to blur out the other houses and draw attention to the bulldozer after all, to think like a toddler you have to have tunnel vision)
Great fine motor activity. Putting the money in, twisting off the lid, and we even started identifying the types of coins.
This week has started the jumping FROM things... so we have a small step ladder set up in our room to provide Nathan with a safe place to do this. Today, not only did he crash, he also dropped coins and rocks from different steps on the ladder and watched them fall. Physics anyone?
"ready set jump"
crash
Nathan read so many books this week in his little reading nook. I love to hear him read books to Monkey. He takes Monkey's hand and asks him to find things in the book and then points to them with Monkey's hand and says, "good job Monkey, you found it"
Great life skills with daddy! I have to tell you that my husband is wonderful at teaching Nathan all kinds of things. Since Nathan was about 15 months old, he could tell you the steps to tying a shoe. This particular night, Chad began teaching him not only, "cross, loop, around and through" but also how to make the first part, the cross.
Working on undressing and dressing

Last but not least, Nathan has turned into quite the helper this week. He's loving helping me with all kinds of chores, including laundry. See how he helps?

That sweet face and delightful smile makes all the chores in the world seem easy... until he unfolds what I've folded, dirties what I've cleaned, and pulls out what I've put away... but then again, that's how he learns. And I love how this little one learns!








2 comments:
I don't know why.. but I really enjoyed this post! :)
Oh my goodness, what a little monkey you have!! I love the step stool set-up; what a great idea! Maddie has never been a climber, but if she was, I'd totally steal that idea. :)
He's such a doll, and SO smart! I always love to check in and see what's new!
Post a Comment