Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of School!

Well, this week, school started back for my little man.  In typical proud mama fashion, I attempted to take the very necessary “first day of school pics” of Nathan.  Last year’s first day pic looks a little different than this year…

He’s growing up so fast!  I can’t believe how much he’s changed in a year!  Holding 3 beloved race cars in his hand, he was happy to pose for one picture.  One is certainly not enough though!

DSC_0098

So, like my friend Shelby did with her kiddo, I begged, pleaded, and bribed, and I got what was coming to me…

for blog21

Hmmm… how about standing over here?  Another serious, grown up boy look, but oh my goodness is he cute!

DSC_0104

Of the 4 I snapped by the bushes, I think the one on the bottom right might be my favorite! :)

for blog22

Since that photo op was such a success (heehee!), my buddy Bethany and I planned to meet up at school for some pics of Nathan and Izzy together.  We’d hoped to grab several other friends too and get a group shot, but the first morning of school is crazy enough without trying to coordinate group photo shots of toddlers.  We were thrilled to catch these mostly unscripted tender moments between Izzy and Nathan.  He was delighted to see her at school and he quickly gave her one of his cars…that’s love… when you’re 2.5 and you share your favorite car with your bestest buddy… no conditions, no reservations, just elation to share a simple joy.  Man I can learn a lot from that moment!  These two are so funny… much like twins… and hysterical to watch.  They can get into trouble together faster than lightening.  They egg each other on into further mischief and push each others buttons with ease.  Yet, they share a unique relationship for 2’s.  They care deeply for one another and have spent so much time together over their short little lives and fall right in step with one another when they are together.  I can’t wait to see how their friendship grows, changes, matures, and deepens over the decades to come. :)

for blog23DSC_0131DSC_0130  

So sweet, this little Izzy!  Man I could eat her up!

   DSC_0134

Oh goodness you two!  You are both such a mess and bring such joy to my life!  Happy 1st day of school you two!  Go get ‘em!

DSC_0124

3 comments:

Bethany said...

awwww we love you guys too! I love how in the last pic he has his feet turned out.. very cute! The teachers don't even know how thankful to be that they aren't in the same class :)

Unknown said...

ADORABLE POST!! I LOVE IT!

Eve said...

what school are you going to and what age and when did you start?