I turned 30 a few weeks ago and begged Chad to not plan anything crazy. He respected my desire to keep it simple and the day before my birthday, we (Chad, Nathan, my mom, and me) went to one of my favorite restaurants (The Loop) and then went bowling. The bowling was hysterical and there are pics of that, but I have yet to get them off Chad’s phone. I had a wonderful night and thought it had come to an end when Chad walked in with a lit match and this little cake singing to me. (Knowing I’m not a cake girl, he’d also gotten some chocolate peanut butter ice-cream for later.) So, I blew out the match and he handed me the cake! No fork, just the cake. So, what else would you expect out of me? I dug in… face first. We all howled with laughter. Then mom dug in, then Chad. It was so funny to watch the 3 of us grown adults smashing our faces in this cake! Thank you baby for the fun evening, for celebrating my bday Katie style, and for the childlike laughter!The next night, my actual birthday, mom and I went to the opening night of a consignment sale! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!
That weekend, my dad came down and joined us for a few days. There were many trips to the pool, lots of playing, diaper making, and spending time as a family. Chad invited our cul-de-sac neighbors over one night and we grilled out, ate ice cream cake, and played corn hole long into the night. We are truly blessed by AMAZING neighbors and a wonderful family! It was a great way to celebrate 30 years of life!








3 comments:
Happy Birthday Katie!
Happy Birthday, Katie!
Happy belated Birthday. Just FYI, 30's have been the absolute hands down best so far! Welcome to the 30's club.
Post a Comment