Thursday, September 9, 2010

Out of the mouth of Nathan

Over the weekend, Nathan had some trouble with allergies, so we were giving him benadryl. Well, they didn't have the liquid so I got the off brand meltaway tabs... they look like purple smarties. Chad informed Nathan they were not candy, rather it was medicine called "diphenhydramine". Nathan started calling it by the actual name "diphenhydramine" and not "benadryl" or "medicine".


Tonight, he told Chad he needed to poopie on the potty and that he was telling the truth (it's a common stall tactic of Nathan's). The next thing I hear out of Nathan's mouth is this - imagine super excited voice and small pint sized toddler-

"I realllllly do have to go poopie daddy! I will put some poopie in the potty and then I will get to have a jelly bean and then some diphenhydramine and then a star sticker!"

WHAT??? Benadryl is now classified with candy? Oh no! What have we done!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

can't wait to hear it. Izzy asks for medicine every night so we started telling her that we put medicine in her water- so she either asks for medicine in her water or if she really wants it she will say she wants medicine in a spoon :) Our little druggies!