5 pounds 11 ounces
4:55 pm
19.5 inches long…
they say, although at her 2 week check up, she was 18.5 and I doubt she shrunk. :)
This little peanut made her entrance into the world 4 weeks early, just as her big brother did! Due to some GI issues and excruciating pain I was experiencing (and the inability to hold down/in liquids or food) the docs decided to do an amnio to see how ready she was. In a matter of hours, the results were in and we were headed into the OR. Minutes later, Taylor Grace came out just a wailing – a sweet sweet sound to any new mom, especially the mom of a preemie born via c-section. She needed no help with breathing and came out perfect and healthy as could be. I watched from across the room as they checked her out, waiting to hear what she weighed. She’s a tiny little thing. 5 pounds 11 ounces. Seems so close to 6 pounds 2 ounces (Nathan’s weight), but she’s certainly smaller. :) You can tell in the picture above, her arms are about as big around as one of the nurses fingers. Tiny as she may be, this little girl came out strong and healthy. She also came out sucking 4 fingers. She has a constant need to suck it seems, so pacis have become our friend!
The c-section went really well for me and immediately the pain I’d experienced in my upper right side was gone. I’d had that intense pain for over a week and I felt so relieved when it was finally gone!
Chad and I were so excited to meet our little one!
Nathan met Taylor for the first time the day after she was born. At first he was a bit hesitant, more concerned about mommy’s big booboo, but once we unwrapped her, I’m pretty sure it was love at first sight. He talks to her so gently, he loves to rub her head, he gets her paci for her when she needs it, and when she cries, he soothingly says, “It’s okay Taylor Grace.” What an amazing big brother!!!
Family photo
Proud grandparents
Proud Aunt Emily and Uncle Matt
Proud “big sister” Izzy
We had several visitors in the hospital and it was so good to share this little one with them! Thanks for the goodies girls!
I had the cutest escort out of the hospital… don’t you agree? Taylor passed her carseat test with flying colors, and only lost 4 ounces in the hospital!!! Yay for breast milk that came in early!!!
I’ll try to get caught up on pics and updates this weekend! :)








3 comments:
Nathan looks so in love. Seems that he has taken to big brotherhood better than E! Also love the picture where Matt's hand is bigger than Taylor!
That first photo of Nathan and Taylor together is especially precious! Congrats!
So, so, so sweet. I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful family of 4 you make. Congratulations and well wishes going forward. You'll have to tell me what it is like with 2 kiddos once you get adjusted! I'm a little nervous. LOL
Post a Comment