Friday, December 5, 2008

Nathan's First Thanksgiving

Happy Family pic on Turkey Day (I love the fat christmas tree in the background... but it's not ours... ours is yet to be posted about!)

I'm a bit late posting about Nathan's first Thanksgiving, but better late than never!  We ate a scrumptious dinner with our neighbors and their family.  I've never seen so much food!  Turkey, cranberry crunch, roasted veges, gravy, cheesy corn bread, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, homemade cheese cake, another cake, stuffing... oh my goodness, I was in a food coma after all of that; as was our little man!  He sat with the adults and ate and ate and ate.  His favorites were the cranberries, cornbread, stuffing, and of course the sweet potatoes!  He slept Friday morning until almost 9am!  AWESOME! 

(Troy, Kim, and Luke - the other three kids were with other family)

There is so much to be thankful for this season and I could sue up the rest of the space on this blog posting about it!  In general, I'm thankful for my Jesus and his unconditional love- and I'm still learning about the depths of that love.  I'm also thankful for amazing family, friends, and the sweet blessing of children.  I'm especially thankful for the families who walk so closely next to ours, and living by the motto, "it take a whole village to raise a child".  Thank you friends!

No comments: