
Today was a bit better for our little man! His personality and spunkiness was back quite a bit more and he was interested in playing! We had a very fun morning and even did a little tot school! His fever came back during the afternoon and spiked around 103.1 so he was much more interested in snuggling this afternoon. We now know he doesn't have mono or a bacterial infection. I also learned that false negatives are common on the respiratory panel so it's possible he does in fact have the flu. It's looking like a virus, but which one? Is it treatable? Dangerous? I don't know the answers to these, but I'm trying to remember to trust in the Lord who does know those answers. This trust is an hour by hour process of surrendering my need for answers and fixes and trusting that HE knows what is best. Perhaps Nathan's illness is for the sole purpose of teaching me to rely not on my own abilities, knowledge, and fixes; rather to place all of my trust in the Lord???

It was fun to see Nathan playing a little bit more today. He was very into these puzzles and sang his ABC song every time he completed this one!
He also got a haircut today, by the ever so skilled hair-cutter named mommy! Have you ever tried to cut your child's hair with buzz clippers while they stand in an empty bath tub? Not a good idea. Normally I do it while he sits in a chair which is a much better idea. Let's just say that the moving and shivering and freaking out about all the fur he was "growing" resulted in a horrible hack job of a haircut. Especially since I tried to fix the mistakes... see?

Thankfully, hair grows quickly and Nathan loves hats! :)
1 comment:
so glad he was feeling a little better!
Post a Comment