Monday, August 30, 2010

Nathan-isms from today

Both of these conversations happened at bedtime tonight...


Me: "Nathan, what would you like to pray about tonight?"
N: thinks for a second... "the BIIIIIG poopie I put in the potty lasterday" (aka - in the past, in this case a few hours back)
M: "you want to pray for your poopie?"
N: "well, yes!"
M: "okay... Lord Jesus, thank you for this beautiful day and for teaching Nathan to poopie on the potty, and for giving him the ability to put BIIIG poopies in the potty..."

- you know you're a parent when you thank Jesus for BIIIIIG poopies.

About 3 minutes later... apparently poopie was still in his mind.
M: "Night night little man, I love you."
N: "Mommy wait, I've got another poopie to put in the potty."
M: "are you telling the truth or just trying to get out of bed?"
(you see this happens every single night and often at nap time, and usually he really does have to go, but still, when will the kiddo learn to go 15 minutes earlier when we're already on the potty?)
N: "I really am telling the truth. I have to put the poopie in the potty."
M: "okay, let's go... thank you for telling the truth."

after about a minute of straining (both to see out the window and in attempt to convince me that he really did have to go poopie) there is no production. He simply declares...

N: "Mommy, I think the poopie must have gone to sleep. It's time to go back to my bed and go to sleep."


I just had to share!

No comments: