Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where in the world we’ve been and what we’ve been up to…

I’ve taken a blogging hiatus for a good reason… 2 vacations (totaling 3 weeks), a bacterial infection, a sinus/respiratory infection, a hubby taking a week off work, nursery work, painting, a wedding in a couple days, and tons of fun filled days and nights!  Here are some quick pics to bring you up to speed.

We’ve been adding to Nathan’s wall of art/projects… It’s filling up quite nicely!

DSC_0995

We spent almost 2 weeks with my folks and my family (and new adopted family) from GA.  We had SOOOOOO much fun!!! 

DSC_0473DSC_0733

DSC_0479  DSC_0711

  DSC_0564

DSC_0742 

The three (well 4 counting Taylor) of us spent a week at the beach… full of playing in the sand, the pool, crab hunting, swimming, staying up late and taking loooooong naps… probably our best vacation ever!

DSC_0802DSC_0774DSC_0795 

For the last month, I’ve been making cloth wipes and diapers (well me and a busy crew of volunteer helpers namely my mom and Corey)… There have been a lot of late nights of cutting and hopefully in the weeks to come there will be some major sewing!

DSC_0926DSC_0928

At home, we’ve been doing everything possible to stay cool… racing cars, jumping in puddles, playing in the sprinkler, going to the pool… and reallllllly enjoying daddy taking a week off from work for a “stay-cation”

DSC_0845 DSC_0851 

The purpose for daddy’s week off… other than to love on me and Nathan and enjoy time at home without the noise of work… the get this little girl’s nursery ready!  Nathan was a big help.  Too bad I didn’t pictures of him rolling paint on the walls.  Are you kidding?  I was too busy trying to make sure the paint made it to the walls!  Post to come with more details!

 DSC_0913 DSC_0914 DSC_0920 

What have YOU been up to?

 DSC_0880

4 comments:

Bethany said...

YAY! The twitching is slowing down now :) I want to know how to write on the pics like that... very cool! The diapers are really cute as of course my little man & you are also :) Hurry up and get back & be well cause I MIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS you !!!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of the innertube in the air and all you can see are legs. I've been there before. Looks like ya'll have had an amazing summer!

Emily said...

Oh how I have missed your blogging....welcome back! ;) It's so good to see what y'all have been up to.

Tiffany Lockette said...

Welcome back to the bloggy world, you've been missed. Nathan is getting so big. Is he super excited to be a big brother? Love all of the pictures, so cute!!