Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tot School

Nathan is currently 20 months old
After looking at our pictures of tot school, we really need to clean up our playroom! I could see all the junk in the pictures that I'm blind to in real life. Saturday night project - CHECK!

We had a great week of tot school and I think the pictures will do most of the talking.

Notice how many pictures you can find Bailey laying right behind or beside Nathan. She loves this baby boy!
Lots of time walking up and down the stairs on just his feet, holding onto the wall or rail, like a big boy!


He's got this thing mastered. He sorted the colors, named the shapes, and even learned how to pick up two like blocks at a time and put them on the peg at once. :)
I've been looking for the hard plastic peg board and finally found it. He LOVED this!

I love this... he's decided it's fun to lay on his tummy and do things. So cute!
Okay, so this surprised me. I removed all of the parts from Mr Potato Head and set them in a bucket beside Nathan. While I folded laundry, Nathan put in all the pieces...
in the right spots!!! At first (see above) the eyes and nose were in the wrong place. He fixed them and then didn't like that nose, so he used the tongue as a nose and told me it was a nose. We only had one arm for Mr P, but it's in the right place! I think it's cute that he put the hat on backwards. I was proud of him for placing the pieces in the right place and putting so much thought into it... INDEPENDENTLY! :)
Music anyone? How about a harmonica?
Tambourine?
Building with magnetos.
Cute story... Nathan has been reallllllllly into trucks, diggers, and big machines for a few weeks. He found an old book (That's not my truck) and it has shaped a theme for Tot school... trucks, diggers, mini loaders, etc. Well, he was reading the book with me and said, "show bailey. show not my truck?" I said yes, and he walked to her and showed her the book. Then he sat down to read it to her. Proud momma moment!

Building cement mixers and other trucks. Usually he just throws the pieces around the playroom. This time, he built the trucks and then actually played with them!



More reading, more trucks, more sweet boy!


To finish the truck theme, working on identifying his name, spelling it, and of course, identifying the trucks. Thank you Carissa for this folder idea and the rest of the ones pictured here!
Identifying letters
shapes
matching the colored egg with the dinosaur
matching paint chips
I found a Bilibo at a consignment sale, and these are picture of Nathan's first few moments with this giant orange thing...
(yes that's my foot he's holding on to for stabilization)

Hard hat, turtle shell, or just plain cute?


Check out what other folks are doing in their tot schools this week by clicking here.

4 comments:

Chantel said...

That looks like a great week!! I love the file folder game with his name. My son would be so into that! Thanks for sharing!

Susana said...

Each week I am so impressed with what your little one is doing! I can't believe he can already do the Mr. Potato Head and recognize some of his letters. I can tell you spend so much time teaching him. You are doing an awesome job!!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love file folder games too - we have the dinosaur one too! It looks like you had a great week. Wow - he knows a LOT! Thanks for sharing!

Jess said...

What a cutie! I love how he read his book to your doggie!