Nathan is 20 months old

This week was FABULOUS! So much cool stuff happened and I can't wait to share... First up, the highlight of my week...
May not look like much more than a baby talking into a microphone, but it is so much more. Chad and I are both worship leaders at our church and since we found out we were preggo, people have been joking about how long it would be before Nathan took the stage to do the same. Well, he's begun to show an ear for intonation (singing the right pitch) and just this past weekend, he "lead worship" for the first time. He LOVES to sing "Allelu-allelu-allelu-alleluia praise ye the Lord". I usually sing the allu part and he echos with the praise ye the Lord. We do this at least 10 times a day. This weekend at my youth group reunion (post to come), Nathan watched mommy and daddy rehearse for a time of worship. I didn't realize it had sunk in until we came in for the time of worship and he begged to sing into the microphone like mommy and daddy. This kiddo (who is shy when asked to perform) grabbed the mic and all but ate it singing his heart out. He sang allelu, rock a bye baby, twinkle twinkle, and a few other, all mixed into one, and at the TOP of his lungs. Hopefully someone videoed it. Allison, did you?
Well, once people were starting to finsh coming into the room, Nathan begged to sing again, and I thought it would be a great icebreaker and transition into worship. I asked him (and the room full of 100+ people) to sing Allelu Allelu. Low and behold, at the top of his lungs, in the most worshipful way a 20 month knows, he sang "allelu allelu allelu alleluia" and then looked at the crowd with giant eyes as if to say "okay people, sing the response". When they did, he just got louder and more energetic! So much fun to see him enjoying himself and people enjoying this too. Maybe one day our little man will be leading more people into worship or our Lord and Savior! :)
Back to tot school... see these bookcases? Well, this week, I put ONE toy or activity in each hole and Nathan learned that when he takes one out to play, he must put it away before getting out another one. It worked. Our playroom has been spotless all week! YEAH! He also spent a lot of time playing with the cement mixer and trying to learn to put it together himself.
We also focused on another good social skill... not crashing towers until asked to do so. If Nathan sees anything stacked, he runs to it and with way too much force "crashes" it to the ground. I had him do tower drills, where he'd stack 10 blocks one at a time BEFORE crashing it. It did increase his patience a bit... although not much seeing as how he crashed 3 towers of jenga blocks in less than 2 seconds this morning... and made a little boy cry. We're working on it though!
"crash em"
identifying letters via knuckle touch
This is Nathan's favorite and I love that he can do it himself.
Puzzles puzzles all week long.
With this one, I put down one half of the automobile and Nathan found the other half and put it in place.
Fine motor - pennies in the monkey.
Tumble time and more gross motor things!
Loves jumping on the springboard.
sliding on his tummy
One of my favorites this week was a trip to the Children's Museum with Izzy. They had a blast. Here they have discovered themselves on a closed circuit tv... can you see the confusion?
As they go to have a closer look, the disappear off screen. This was super fun to watch!
This has nothing to do with tot school, I just wanted to post this picture because I love this little girl! And the picture too!
Sharing, taking turns, working together, and color identification.
riding the train with Izzy, Izzy's daddy, mommy, and grandpa.
Wearing train hats (Izzy's didn't stay on well)
Playing in the sandbox, sensory stimulation at it's finest. Plus some teamwork as they filled the spinny sand thing together taking turns.
It was a great week! We look forward to reading your tot school posts here!








No comments:
Post a Comment