Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Green Beans!!!!!!!

Nathan's first taste of real food came Monday, March 24th. He'd had cereal over the weekend prior and did well with the spoon and swallowing, etc. So, when his doctor gave us the go ahead to start not only full strength cereal (I was only giving him just a tiny bit mixed in with formula) but also veggies, I'll admit, I was excited! I had no idea what he would think about it, but in typical fashion, I entered this phase of babyhood with so much enthusiasm! I bought a baby food maker and freezer thingie so that we could make it at home and freeze it in 2 oz portions!

Well, the green beans were a hoot, but were certainly not a hit! Nathan enjoyed all the attention from mom and dad while trying this new substance, but when it comes to actually eating it, he's not all that interested. Perhaps it's the consistency, or the taste, but today will be the 3rd day of trying and he's not a fan so far. Thursday, we'll move to carrots - maybe those will be better.

Here are the pics from Nathan's first bites of green beans!







Here are Nathan's reactions after he got used to the funny taste and consistency in his mouth...








Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful friendship between Nathan and his veggies!

Any suggestions, funny experiences, ideas? Please leave a comment on the blog! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wholly Crap Dude! You need to clean that baby!!!

Anonymous said...

With such a gorgeous smile eating something he doesn't like, I would just keep it up. Carrots, sweet potatoes, squash will be much easier, but maybe you won't get such great photos.

Love you........