Wednesday, April 23, 2008

525,600 decisions

Yes, that number is from the song, "Seasons of Love" but it was the one going through my head on Monday as we made 525,600 decisions regarding our new house... what color will the shingles be, the siding, the cedar shake, the door, the garage, the tile, the hardwoods, the carpet... and by the way, where do you want carpet, and do you want level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 and would you like to upgrade the carpet pad to a 6 pound 1/2 inch or an 8 pound 1/2 inch? Once I'd recovered from those decisions, it was on to the master bath - tile or marble, body jets or just a shower head, grey grout or taupe grout, brilliance stainless or chrome faucets... speaking of faucets, there are 15 to choose from. Oh yeah, while we're on tile, what color would you like your back splash to be? what granite? would you like a chef's kitchen or a gourmet kitchen? which cabinet would you like, and what stain would you like on it? speaking of stain, would you like your patio to be stained concrete, stamped concrete, or brushed concrete? Speaking of brushed, would you like your door handles to be chrome, oil rubbed bronze, brushed pewter...

Okay, so you get the point... literally 525,600 decisions... now I haven't mentioned the best part... we're exhausted from all the driving the two days prior, allergies attacking our brains, and not sleeping too well... and since we've come from VA, we have baby Nathan... and yes, Bailey.

THANK THE LORD, my parents were so willing to drive to the design center with us, help us make many of those decisions and keep Bailey and Nathan going. Thankfully the folks at the design center were dog lovers, so Bailey had free reign of their showroom for 6 hours! She was perfect. Nathan was also perfect, he napped well in a stroller pushed from area to area, he played well on the floor, and he really enjoyed watching tv with his grandpa.

So here are some of our choices - I don't know if you can see them well enough to get a feel for what's going in our house. I don't remember what tile is going in the bathrooms because at that point, I let Chad make all the decisions. I do know that the vinyl is going in our laundry room and the dark wood will be our hardwoods downstairs. Wow, the pieces are starting to come together.




By the end of all the decisions, I wanted nothing more than to make easy dinner decisions (it was after 7pm and I was starving). Cheese sticks, chicken fingers, and fries... and oh they were so good!

No comments: