One good looking family-taken in 2006. See how pretty Bailey looks? Well...
So, Bailey, our dog, is a golden retriever. I know I'm biased, but really, she is GORGEOUS. Everyone talks about how beautiful she is - and that's mainly because of her amazing coat. Well, all of that changed Monday; thankfully the change is not permanent. I took Bailey to the groomers and asked them to cut her hair a "little shorter than last time" and showed them a picture of a golden who'd just won a competition and said that I liked the way that looked. I pleaded with them not to use clippers on her, rather to scissor cut her hair. I also begged them not to shave her hair too short, because it damages the undercoat of a golden when you shave them... Well, I should have known that Petco doesn't groom show dogs, and it's much faster to use a shaver than scissors. When I picked her up, I didn't know what to say, I mean after all it is just hair and it will grow back. When Chad came home, he asked her what happened, then told her she looked ridiculous. Later, he looked at her and in his best daddy voice he said, "You poor thing, your mommy had you neutered today." We both laughed, and of course I had to share this horrible hair cut with all of you! Honestly, the pictures aren't showing the reality of the bad haircut. Nonetheless, here it is...
We call it her puppy cut because as puppies, goldens don't have the long locks of hair on their chest, the backs of their legs, on their "bloomers", and around their necks. Here's a picture of Bailey as a puppy - see the resemblance?
Well, in no time, she'll look like this again...
But for now, we'll just have to enjoy our golden with a puppy cut!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Puppy Cut
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
She still looks cute :-)
Post a Comment