Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Here's to you... house


We are about to bid farewell to our happy house and place her in the hands of new loving owners. I mowed the grass for the last time today, and although I love to mow, the fact that it was 90 degrees and way too humid made it an easy last mow. The hotness of today made me post this refreshing picture of our old house in the snow. We've grown to love her, although our new apartment is quickly becoming home. I was reading to Nathan in his room the other night thinking that it was quite cozy in there. Nonetheless, we've had some great memories in this old house...

  • the chipmunks that Bailey found living in the air vent (and all the work that went along with getting rid of them)
  • putting in hardwood floors, countertops, and appliances
  • painting the whole interior... twice
  • coming home from Banda Aceh, Indonesia just 2 months after the tsunami and crashing in our bed for 20 hours straight
  • killing all the living things in the backyard (mainly weeds), tilling it up, and replanting
  • working through life issues on the purple couch (treasured times)
  • Bailey playing in the pool in the backyard
  • Chad laying patio stones on the hottest day of the summer last year, while I watched from a chair 4.5 months pregnant
  • graduation party for Chad... yeah for that Master's Degree
  • lots of cookouts with friends
  • late night games of Whoonu on the living room floor
  • bringing home Nathan to that house and trying to figure out how in the world I would make it up the stairs to bed after having a c-section
  • Bailey digging up our plants in the back yard
  • the giant lizards in the garage
  • pulling out the azaleas with a rope attached to the back of the Durango (yes they survived the transplant)
  • backing our boat into the backyard via the fence opening - an opening a mere 2 inches larger than the boat - that took some serious practice!
  • our Christmas tree in the bay window
  • Chad fixing a leak in the ceiling which required him respraying the popcorn on the ceiling - sadly he didn't know exactly how to do it and it when EVERYWHERE - and I mean EVERYWHERE
  • I could go on and on and on, but I must say farewell. You've been a good house - keep showing love to the new owners

No comments: