Saturday we spent the whole day on Belews Lake. It was so much fun and was very reminiscent of our pre-baby days. We met the Dave, Nicole, and Noah around 9am and hung out with them until noon. We had a great time floating and playing on the beach. Nathan also surprised us with a first... he was sitting on the back of the boat's swim platform and he reached up to the "grab bar" and grabbed it and pulled himself up! I didn't have a camera, but Nic took video of it... that's to come. Now, he pulling up on our fingers and arms as well. Just wait till he can reach the couch, tables, and who know what else! Mobility is becoming more and more of a reality!
Then, just as I thought we were headed home, Chad surprised me with a afternoon boat trip with our friends Quinton, Kristin, and baby Colton. They have a bigger boat at Belews and so we spent the afternoon with them. Of course, I wasn't really prepared to be on the lake past around 2pm, but we made do! It was so much fun! Kristin captured some great pics and I stole them from her blog!
Here are the boys and their daddies swimming in the deep water (probably around 60 feet). Nathan had never swam in his life jacket or in the deep water and Colton had never even been in the lake. It was very cute!
I love the way that Nathan is just laying in the water. So funny!
Quinton went for a ski and it was really rough, so we drove to the other end of the lake in search of calm water while the boys slept. Meanwhile, Kristin discovered that I've not water skied since 2006 (I couldn't ski last summer because I was pregnant and had a few complications that made me not even tempted to try it). This summer, I've just been afraid that I wouldn't be able to get up. I've made all kinds of excuses... until my friend (a fellow slalom skier) reminded me that my email even refers to my love of skiing and that I needed to try right then. So, I gave in to the peer pressure, left my pride in the boat and hopped in the water. I was on a different ski being pulled behind a different boat (great excuses if I didn't get up because those things really can throw off a skier). Guess what, I popped out of the water on the first try and really loved the feeling of skiing again. Thanks Kristin for the peer pressure! I'm so glad I skied.
Then we all headed to a little beach area to feed the babies and play in the water. It was great to feed Nathan turkey and veges while he sat in the water. The clean up was so simple - just dunk and he's clean!
Colton wants to be in the water!
Nathan is so sweet when he gives me his big slobbery kisses. He grabs my face and squeals and kisses my cheek. I LOVE IT!!!
It was at this point that we realized it was close to 6pm and there was still furniture to move out of our old house into Quinton and Kristin's garage for 3 months (thanks guys). We headed to shore and then to Q and K's house. Nathan and I stayed there with Kristin and Colton while the guys moved the furniture. Kristin declared that it was bath time, and I certainly agreed. So we decided to wash the lake funk off the boys, together, in an inflatable bath tub. You may recognize it, as Nathan has the same one... and usually fills it up all by himself. But hey, it's good to share water and take a bath with a friend (but only when you're little - or the friend is your spouse!). So that's exactly what the kiddos did - and of course we were there to take pictures... lots.
Once we got the kids in the tub, we noticed just how tan Nathan really is. We knew he was a little tan (despite tons of sunscreen, hats, and often shirts)... but up next to Colton, the kid looks like he's from South America!
They played well together in the bath and it was great to have 2 extra hands to help with the bathing! Then the ever-so-cuteness of our bathed boys in their towels could not be passed up so the mom's declared a photo session. Great idea huh? It's already close to an hour past their bed time and we're posing them for pictures, and flashing bright lights in their faces meanwhile giggling and squealing at them to make them smile! The boys were fairly cooperative for the pictures, for a while...
Then, the boys decided to be boys (even more so than Colton stealing Nathan's towel)... Colton knocked Nathan over! edited for privacy purposes :)
Then Nathan pushed Colton just to remind him that he's the smaller one!
In the end, they were still happy baby friends
It came time for pajamas and Chad and Quinton weren't back yet, which means Nathan's pj's weren't back... so he borrowed a pair of Colton's and literally squeezed into them. Too funny. Colton had a matching pair that he wore and so again, we couldn't resist the photo op! We put them both in Colton's bed. Aren't they cute!
No photo shoot in Colton's house can be complete without Chip!
Colton and his mommy are the ones who gave us the idea to get Leo and take pictures of Nathan and Leo.
Colton and Chip when Colton was 1 week old
Colton and Chip when Colton turned 5 months old
Such a cutie.
What a fun day! Nathan ended up staying up until almost 10pm, and he was happy the majority of the evening! We finished out the night with food from Elizabeth's pizza, icecream, and cookies! Thanks Kristin, Quinton, and Colton for such a fun afternoon and an evening of pictures!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Nathan's first full day on the lake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Those pictures are so cute. I love the one of Colton pulling Nathan's towel. You sure have a beautiful boy.
OH MY...you were minutes from my house and didn't stop in? I would have fed you all and saved you money on Elizabeth's pizza.:) Seriously...next time...let me know:) We are right by the Carolina Marina (and yes, we drive that far to Westover...bummer). Tell Chad that worship was awesome on Sunday. I had to hold myself down.:)
JEN (who finally set up a her personal blog after being inspired by so many:)
Now those are two cute boys! Susie h~
looks like everyone had a great time! what cuties :)
Post a Comment