Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Water Water Everywhere

We had a great weekend - and hope you did too! We started out with a pool party with some of our good friends Mike and Robn. They have two adorable kiddos who are 3 years old and 14 months. They came over for a swim and some pizza! Although we enjoyed the mere 15 minutes we spent in the water, the fact that we planned a pool party for the coldest Friday evening of the summer made it not as enjoyable as it could have been, but none the less, it was great to hang out with our friends!







Once we dried off and warmed up, we enjoyed some slammin' pizza and watermelon and strawberries... complete with cinnasticks! What a good night!


On Saturday, we had a great family day. Took an early walk in a park, cleaned out the car, planned our landscape and fence at the new house, and went to a baby shower. Too funny to think that we were having baby showers this time last year. It seems like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time.

Then, on Sunday, we took a long awaited trip to the warmest lake around here with Wendy and Preston. I've known them for 10 years and Wendy and I were roomies in college. Seriously... we love those two to death! They are so fun to hang out with and they're always so laid back. We did a little celebrating of Preston's bday, and then headed out to the new house, and then to the lake. In typical fashion, Nathan fell asleep as soon as the boat started! Wendy was such a good bed for him!


Man, there's nothing like a long ski and then re-energizing with strawberries and grapes, while still in the water! We floated in the water for a while tossing strawberries and grapes at one another. I wish I had pictures! After a float and some lounging on a nearby beach, we tried to crank up the boat and it wouldn't start. Yeah, not a good day when your friend wants to knee board, you're many many miles from the car, and your boat won't start. What did we do? Wendy, Nathan, and I played in the water and sand while Preston and Chad tried to think through it. They finally decided it was a fuse and flagged someone down to tow us to the marina... he was eager to help, and then a little less eager when we told him where we needed to be towed... 45 minutes the other direction. The nice stranger still agreed to take us there. Oh well, as Preston put it (after ordering queso at a great Mexican restaurant), it's a great excuse for us to go out again! I wish I had more pics, but we were just having too much fun!

Then, this morning, I found this in the hallway...

what is it? a shower puff thingie... perhaps you call it a loofah? Now, the bigger question is, "Why is it in the hall, not in the bathroom where I left it this morning?"
Yep, you guessed it... someone needed some attention...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Poor Bailey! Children have a way of pushing the "first children" out of the way a little. Lijah always wants some lovin'.