Monday, April 13, 2009

Language Update


Nathan's language has taken off and he's certainly not looking back.  He talks almost constantly and is so proud of himself when he learns a new word!  He learns new words every day.  Today, we went to Target to pick up some medicine and he learned to say "Patty".  He really likes Patty at the pharmacy and he was so happy to know her name.  He said "hiya Patty" and "bye bye Patty".  He watches our mouths as we speak to him and if he doesn't say a word correctly, you can say "watch mommy" and he will study your mouth to figure out how to say what he's trying to say.  Amazing.


This is by no means an all inclusive list of his words, but all that I could remember off the top of my head.  They don't all sound perfect, in fact, many of them don't but he's consistent and says the same thing each time.  For example, a "blackberry" is "bakbakbakre" and a "belly" is a "balele".

Here's the list... I'm amazed by Nathan's language at a mere 16 months... I'm sure the amazement won't end here.  He'll be keeping us in awe for many many many years to come, I'm sure!

airplane
all done
amen
another one
apple
baby
Bailey
ball
banana
basket
bath
bean
bear
bee
belly
Ben
Bert
Bethany
bird
blackberry
blankie
block
blue 
blueberry
boat
book
bridge
bubble
bucket
buckle
bus
butterfly
bye bye
car
ceiling (for ceiling fan)
chair
cheese
church
circle
cracker
cup
daddy
diaper
dirty
dog
down
draw
duck
eat
egg
fast
fork
Ginga
go
goal
granola
grass
green
Hannah
heart
help
hi
house
in 
Izzy
jacket
keys
kick
Kim
kiwi
lake
leaf
lid
light
Liz
Luke
Madison
medicine
milk
mommy
Nathan
night night
no no
Noah
nope
off
on
open
orange
out
outside
oval
paci
PaPa
Patty
peepee
pen
pencil
pineapple
play
please
plus
potty
push
puzzle
raspberry
rock
seat
shoes
shut
slide
socks
sofa
spoon
square
stack
star
stick
strawberry
swim
swing
Sydney
throttle
toes
tray
truck
under
up
waffle
water
woah
YaYa
yes
Zachary (Zach)

Pretty soon I hope to have some video of him saying many of these words.  :)


1 comment:

Q&K said...

wow Nathan and Wow Mommy, I'm impressed with your memory and documentation! ;-)