
Again, we didn't get as many pictures as I'd like, but here's a few of Nathan's plates from this week.
.JPG)
A hopeful dinner... our kiddo doesn't eat Mac and cheese, or any pasta, but this night, he did, at least a few bites. On his plate is
Yogurt and granola, blackberries, mac and cheese, "
sweets and beets", and some pieces of chicken.

This meal is breakfast and this is a yummy smoothie that he couldn't wait to drink (hence the picture of him holding the cup). Inside is
milk,
flaxseed, yogurt, strawberries, banana, and a bit of protein powder. He loved it!

We recently discovered that Nathan could eat these gummy vitamins with DHA added and it gives him more DHA than milk alone. We were thrilled because the DHA milk is so much more expensive than regular organic milk. I'm happy to report that when cut in half or quarters, Nathan gobbles these up and we're now buying regular organic milk! :) Yeah.

Lunch...
Kashi Stoneground 7 grain party crackers with almond butter, Muenster cheese, black berries, peas and carrots, turkey, celery, kiwi, and raspberries. I admit, I'd never given him celery before. Once he realized he could dip it into the hummus I was eating, he ate all of that celery. I was shocked, and delighted that we've been able to add another vegetable to his list. :) Dipping is such a good thing.

oh, and for the skeptics, this is what was left on the plate after lunch.

Dinner: two little gingerbread boy sandwiches (one with pumpkin butter, the other with peanut butter), cannelloni beans, bananas and peanut butter to dip in (although he ate the peanut butter with a fork and dipped his bananas in daddy's hummus - gross!), peas and carrots, avocado, black berries, and kiwi.

Breakfast: Kirkland's organic oatmeal with flaxseed added, banana, blackberries, raspberries. He refused to eat the oatmeal and instead ate a whole wheat english muffin dipped in yogurt. Can you tell he's into dipping these days? Whatever it takes right?
3 comments:
cool gummie vitamins. you can also buy the infant vitamins in the dropper with DHA in it. It's Dr....something brand. That's what Colton has. I enjoy seeing your plated meals. Always so much color :-)
I wish my 20 month old loved raw veggies the way your son does.
We do gummy vitamins with DHA too. I also give Emily Dr. Sears' Go Fish liquid omega-3 every other day. She loves it.
Post a Comment