Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tye-dye adventure with our neighbors

Over the weekend, we headed down the street to have some fun with our neighbors.  They have three kiddos (Baby H is 5 weeks, Toddler B is 22 months, and Kiddo B is 5.5 years) and Nathan really enjoys playing with their two older boys.  Liz always puts awesome things in their front yard for the different seasons and Nathan was immediately fascinated with the pinwheels.  I showed him how to blow them and he had a blast for quite a long time picking one up out of the ground, blowing on it to make it spin, then sticking it back in the ground and doing the same with another.  Fabulous tot school activity because he was using fine motor to pick up and stick back in the ground and working on blowing the pinwheels too!






Here's Nathan and Toddler B.  They don't play together yet, just beside one another, but Nathan really enjoys watching Toddler B play.  It'll be fun to see these guys grow up together.  Two doors down, there are two more boys 22 months and 35 months.  These will be Nathan's neighborhood playmates for years to come.  :)
He was very gentle with the flowers and even gave them a drink... this was all after dumping out a huge pot of marigolds and daddy reminding him we had to be gentle with the flowers! 
While Nathan was frolicking in the pinwheels and plants, Bert was setting the stage for some tye dye!  Thankfully they had a two shirts for Nathan because I didn't even think to bring white shirts.  Silly me!  Here's Bert and Kiddo B working on one.

Daddy and Nathan give it a try.



Of course I had to get in on the action as well!  Chad and I got to make a shirt for Nathan while learning this long lost art of colorful expression.
Here are the upside down finished products... a swirl and a bulls eye.  
After the color fun, we shared a delicious meal with this lovely family and played in their backyard until almost 9pm!  It was so much fun!  Thank you Lord for lots of great neighbors!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

ooo that looks like fun!! I love the swirl one ;)

Rose said...

I am so doing this! I love tye dyed stuff! And I love nathan's one piece outfit! I'll be so sad when we can no longer wear 24 month clothing.