Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What's on your tot's plate?



raspberries and blackberries, yogurt, an english muffin with peanut butter, "on the go Oh's" (thank you Kristin), and some Cracklin' Oat Bran...


We're very into dipping still so this dinner allowed him to do just that... peanut butter and Kashi Stoneground crackers, hummus and cannelloni beans, celery, cheese, strawberries, avocado, and kiwi.  

Kashi crackers, almond butter, cheese, meat sticks, strawberries, mandarin oranges.

Smoothie (yogurt, blackberries, milk, flaxseed, banana), Alexia potato nuggets, mandarin oranges, egg with colby jack cheese mixed in.

banana, kiwi, saltines with peanut butter, peas and carrots... plus some blueberry pomegranate v-fusion V8 mixed with lots of water.  Here's Nathan wondering what to eat first...
While we were at the beach this past weekend, Nathan was able to try many new foods (most of which I didn't get pictures of, but a few my friend Bethany snapped shots of).  He loved crab legs, asparagus (which he ate pureed as a baby but never in whole form), shark, and he tasted (but didn't like) crawdads and sauteed onion.  He was a great sport though and chowed down at the Seafood Buffet.  I've never seen a kiddo his age eat salmon, tilapia, shark, crab, shrimp, sweet potato, asparagus, manicotti, fruit, mac and cheese (yep he ate it, every last bite), fried okra, green beans, and corn... all in one sitting.  Amazing.  And yes, he slept very well that night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great plates - thanks for sharing your ideas!

I will get my post up in the next few days. I have photos of our meals too!

Blessings,
Jill

Eve said...

Joe and I can't believe how much food your little one can eat! It is amazing! Did Nathan have a spit up problem when nursing?

Joe says HI!

Emily said...

cracklin oat bran! great idea for a finger food...I will pick some up at the store. Don't you love those take and toss cups with the straws? We do our smoothies in those too :)